Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] using bscan

2010-02-22 11:47:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] using bscan
From: Alex Chekholko <chekh AT pcbi.upenn DOT edu>
To: Tino Schwarze <bacula-users AT tisc DOT de>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:43:53 -0500
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:17:22 +0100
Tino Schwarze <bacula-users AT tisc DOT de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having trouble using bscan to recover the catalog data from a tape
> which was purged by accident.
>
> I get the following output:

[snip]
> "MJR263L3" on "Superloader-Drive" (/dev/nst0). Manual load my be
> required.
> 22-Feb 17:04 bscan JobId 0: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0"
> command.
> 22-Feb 17:04 bscan JobId 0: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result:
> nothing loaded.

Are you sure the tape was loaded as you expect?

If you're worried about a lower-level problem, use 'mt -f /dev/nstX
status' and 'tapeinfo -f /dev/sgX' to see the status of the drive.

Then you can try something simple like 'dd if=/dev/st0 of=/dev/null'
to see if that causes any error.

Regards,
--
Alex Chekholko   chekh AT pcbi.upenn DOT edu