Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Director crashes running .bvfs_update

2010-02-18 17:51:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Director crashes running .bvfs_update
From: Craig Miskell <craig.miskell AT opus.co DOT nz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:21:21 +1300
Hi,
        Running Bacula 5.0.0 on Debian etch (compiled/packaged myself), on a
very new installation, I'm getting crashes of the
director while running .bvfs_update on a some of my bigger jobs (2m+ files, and
6m+ files).  Smaller jobs are ok (~300K
files).

It does manage to run for a while, usually creating 50-100K entries in
pathhierarchy  (the table I'm interested in) each
time, before crashing, so if I run this enough times it'll catch up eventually.
 However, I want to run this
automatically after every job to keep my pathhierarchy table up to date, and
this will put something of a damper on it.

Is this a known issue, with known resolution?  If not, I have a traceback from
the crash:

(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
[New Thread -1214495040 (LWP 1656)]
[New Thread -1231844432 (LWP 1709)]
[New Thread -1223455824 (LWP 1658)]
[New Thread -1215067216 (LWP 1657)]
0xb7dccb3c in __nanosleep_nocancel () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
$1 = 762146659
$2 = 134996048
$3 = 134996088
/etc/bacula/scripts/btraceback.gdb:4: Error in sourced command file:
No symbol "catalog_db" in current context.

I'm going to go try to compile without stripping symbols in the hope I'll get
more info out of the backtrace.  Can
anyone enlighten me as to the appropriate options to the build commands to
build with symbols?

Ta,
--
Craig Miskell