Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum Scalar i40 and second tape drive

2010-02-15 06:04:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum Scalar i40 and second tape drive
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:38:00 +0000 (GMT)
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Dan Langille wrote:

> > Because since Baculas mtx-changer is using mtx, I think I am not able to
> > use the second drive.
>
> 1 - I would start with the OS and talk to your OS's mailing list
> regarding this.

I don't think using chio or talking to the OS mailing list will help.

MTX simply reports what the changer thinks it has - and right now the
changer doesn't realise there is a second drive installed.

This is a hardware configuration issue. Solve that first, then check to
see if MTX shows a second drive.

AB