Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is it possible to configure bacula server to write backup data to another server

2010-02-09 04:55:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is it possible to configure bacula server to write backup data to another server
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:52:46 +0100
Hi,

09.02.2010 05:45, Khalid Pasha wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
>         I am new to Bacula, I am planning to install Bacula server on VM
> machine and storage ( for keeping backup data ) on other server on which we
> have mapped LUNs from EMC SAN, my question is it possible to configure
> Bacula in this way, if yes please share procedure of it.

Just make sure the machine which runs the SD can mount (writable) the
LUN you want to store data to, and I see no problems.

You can distribute Baculas components freely in your network - it's no
problem to have DIR, catalog DB, and SD all running on different machines.

The procedure is simple - follow the manual, configure and start only
the services you need, and make sure your network infrastructure
allows the connections Bacula needs.

>         My bacula server is RHEL and clients to backup will be windows
> machines.

That doesn't matter here at all :-)

Arno

--