Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using Bittorrent as Backup Technology

2010-02-07 04:28:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using Bittorrent as Backup Technology
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: mehma sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 10:25:32 +0100
Dear mehma sarja,

In message <ec5d34681002061636p308947abre20a0b38874549c0 AT mail.gmail DOT com>
you wrote:

> PROBLEM
> I am trying to solve off-site, on-disk backup problem in the Bay Area which
> is prone to earthquakes.
>
> QUESTION
> Is anyone out there using bittorrent as a backup tool?

Hm... have you ever looked into DRBD instead?

Bittorrent has not been designed for what you want to use it.
DRBD has.  I am aware that you can use many tools for things they have
not specifically designed for, but I also believe that in most cases
the tools that have been designed for a specific purpose are most
efficient.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
There is a time in the tides of men, Which, taken at its flood, leads
on to success. On the other hand, don't count on it.   - T. K. Lawson