Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula SD in a NAS box?

2010-02-06 17:33:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula SD in a NAS box?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 09:30:11 +1100

> Is there any NAS box with Bacula-SD, or does anyone know about any
serious
> plans to integrate SD into a NAS box with a reasonable performance,
like
> QNAP?
>
> This would include some limitations, since DIR and SD need to be of
the same
> version. So I guess Bacula Systems would propably need to be involved
with
> this. But in theory this would sound interesting...

The Netgear ReadyNAS Duo has bacula available for it. I'm not sure if
all the ReadyNAS models are the same so ymmv.

When I tried it though, backup speed was slower than a 2.5" 5400RPM USB
disk, and it doesn't get much slower than that. The ReadyNAS was
connected via gigabit Ethernet and has 3.5" 7200RPM disks attached to
the internal SATA controller so it should have been much faster than
that.

James