Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] query Error

2010-02-02 19:40:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] query Error
From: "Mike Holden" <bacula AT mikeholden DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 00:38:12 -0000
Torsten Maus wrote:
> Hi I just upgraded to version 5 of bacula,
>
> but I just tried yesterday to restore a job but as I did the following
> procedure:
>
> restore
>
>  ->5 - Select the most recent backup for a client
>  -> choose my client:

[ snip ]

> SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use
> SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
>
> For one or more of the JobIds selected, no files were found,
> so file selection is not possible.
> Most likely your retention policy pruned the files.
>
> Do you want to restore all the files? (yes|no): no
>
> Regexp matching files to restore? (empty to abort):
>
> If I want to restore the Catalog the file list can be created but not fuer
> anyother Job. Where is my mistake ? I
>
> Upgraded the tables, copied the exmaple query file to query.sql . If someone
> would be so nice to help me it would be great.

The error message suggests that the query returns too many rows, and further
suggests
some settings you can change in the database to allow bigger queries to run.
Most likely
this is an "idiot limit" to stop people running huge queries that will cripple
the
database performance - I'm not suggesting you are an idiot, just that the
database maybe
thinks bacula is an idiot ;-)

Either this is due to a bug in bacula, or you are hitting some limit in your
database
configuration. If the latter, then you may need to make some changes to allow
this to
run.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts