Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "3924 Device not in SD Device resources" Error on Windows backups only

2010-01-25 04:54:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "3924 Device not in SD Device resources" Error on Windows backups only
From: "M. Sébastien LELIEVRE" <sebastien.lelievre AT aznetwork DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:23:37 +0100
Greetings,

I solved this issue by taking back my configuration from scratch.

I uncovered that the main problem was a mismatch between Director and Storage daemons.

On Director, I got : "Media Type = File" under a storage section.
On Storage, I got : "Media Type = file"

So the Capital Letter (or not) was the problem.

That's where the problem was since it appears to work just fine now.

I am using Bacula 3.0.3 and winbacula 3.0.3a

Hope this will help others with similar configuration issues.

M. Sébastien LELIEVRE a écrit :
John Drescher a écrit :
Did you restart the sd after adding tse01-dv?

Yes, I did

Does your linux machines use tse01-dv?

No, each machine has its on $HOSTNAME-dv, but those devices are on the same Storage Daemon

Thank you for you support !

--
Cordialement

Sébastien LELIEVRE
AZNetwork
40 rue Ampère
61000 ALENÇON
+33 (0)2 33 32 12 47
sebastien.lelievre AT aznetwork DOT fr
Pour respecter l’environnement, merci de n’imprimer que si nécessaire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Verizon Developer Community Take advantage of Verizon's best-in-class app development support A streamlined, 14 day to market process makes app distribution fast and easy Join now and get one step closer to millions of Verizon customers http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev