Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula storage and curlftpfs mount point

2009-12-25 18:21:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula storage and curlftpfs mount point
From: Gunnar Thielebein <gunnar_thielebein AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:18:15 +0100
I have bacula running on a productional server where external backup storage is
accessible via ftp only.
Therefore I want to use curlftpfs to mount the storage into the filesystem.
This works fine on the commandline but introduces problems with bacula.
The Config Section used for SD:

> Device {
>   Name = daily_file_storage
>   Media Type = File
>   Archive Device = "/nas/backup/lxp01-hetzner/daily"
>   Automatic Mount = No
>   Label Media = Yes
>   Random Access = Yes
>   Requires Mount = Yes
>   Removable Media = No
>   Always Open = No
>   Mount Point = "/nas/backup"
>   Mount Command = "/usr/bin/curlftpfs -oallow_other,uid=113,gid=26 xxx:xxx AT
> xx.xx.xx DOT xx %m"
>   Unmount Command = "/usr/bin/fusermount -u %m"
> }

When mounting for permanent use on commandline it works on the first job runs
but it is not reliable this way as connection sometime closes and I get a
"terminal endpoint not connected" error.

The Settings changes for permament mount:

> Requires Mount = No
> Always Open = yes

So at all It would be great to mount the storage before the job starts.
The "Mount Command" content works fine from commandline but when running "mount"
within bconsole it returns the message:

> The defined Storage resources are:
>      1: daily_storage
>      2: weekly_storage
>      3: monthly_storage
> Select Storage resource (1-3): 1
> dev.c:121 Unable to stat device /nas/backup/lxp01-hetzner/daily: ERR=No such
> file or directory
>
>      Device "daily_file_storage" requested by DIR could not be opened or does
> not exist.
> 3999 Device "daily_file_storage" not found or could not be opened.

No hint about the mount command error. The permissions are set to allow mounting
by the bacula user and it works fine on commandline with the "bacula" userid
(113). How can I determine debug the output of the mount command?

Bacula running on Ubuntu Hardy:
bacula-{sd,director-pgsql,fd}-2.2.8-5ubuntu7.2

Regards,
Gunnar