Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dependency resolution issues installing 3.0.2

2009-12-02 13:47:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dependency resolution issues installing 3.0.2
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:44:15 +0100
Hello,

02.12.2009 19:27, Paul Binkley wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Has anyone seen this dependency error before, and if so, what am I doing
> wrong?
>
> libpython2.5.so.1.0 is needed by package Bacula-sqlite-3.0.2-1.i386
> (/Bacula-sqlite-3.0.2-1.fc10.i386)
> libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package Bacula-sqlite-3.0.2-1.i386
> (/Bacula-sqlite-3.0.2-1.fc10.i386)
> libssl.so.7 is needed by package Bacula-sqlite-3.0.2-1.i386
> (/Bacula-sqlite-3.0.2-1.fc10.i386)

Needed because you create a Bacula with Python script hooks and SSL
support. Both can be turned off during ./configure. (I'm not sure if
libcrypto is needed because of SSL - it might be needed anyway).

> I found these similar files on my system.
> /usr/lib64/libpython2.5.so.1.0
> /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.7
> /usr/lib64/libssl.so.7
>
> Is the problem that Bacula is 32 bit and these dependencies are x64? How can
> I get around this?

Yes, that's the reason.

The simpler solution would be to build Bacula for x86_64, or use the
x86_64 packages.

Alternatively, you can also install the 32-bit versions of the
required package, but you might end up installing a good part of a
32-bit operating system in that process.

Cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann