Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] see backups of specific file

2009-12-01 10:38:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] see backups of specific file
From: Frank Stocker <fs AT NetEducation DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:31:02 +0100
Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating bacula and must say that I basically like it
very much. There is however one thing that I can't seem to find, and I'm
pretty sure this exists as it seems - at least to me - quite basic.

Let's suppose I corrupted a file and now want to restore it from backup.
I don't know exactly when the file was corrupted. Obviously my first
question would be "what backups do we have for this file". something like a

bconsole list backups for /etc/hosts

and then a

bconsole restore /etc/hosts state="2009-10-10 15:23:00"

here's some infos on my testing environment:

Bacula 3.0.3

Director currently on linux, will be on Solaris later.

Clients are Linux, Solaris, Windows

Oh , and just beside... if the answer is already somewhere in the
manual, a reference to there would be all I need.... I just couldn't
find it.

Thanks for your help

Frank