Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] I'm not so clear about this topics, can any help me?

2009-11-23 09:57:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] I'm not so clear about this topics, can any help me?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: rperezm AT uci DOT cu, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:53:11 -0500
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:21 AM, ReynierPM <rperezm AT uci DOT cu> wrote:
> Hi every:
> I'm trying to make a good backup politics for my work. For that I want
> to establish some retention periods for diary backups, differential
> backups and full backups. My max retention period for volumes, pools and
> jobs is 15 days. Now, how I think the whole part:
>
> 1. make 6 diary backups - from monday to saturday
> 2. make 4 diff backups - every weekend means sunday
> 3. make 1 full backup - last sunday of every month
>
> I'm not so sure about how this work I mean for example when the diary
> copies will be deleted, when the differential?

No there is no deleting. Recycling happens when a new volume is needed
(no other suitable volumes in the pool or scratch pool) and there is a
volume with the retention period that is expired in the correct pool.
When these conditions are met the entire volume gets recycled and it
then can be reused for backups.

John