Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Job: Warning: The following files are in the Catalog but not on the Volume(s):

2009-11-12 15:29:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Job: Warning: The following files are in the Catalog but not on the Volume(s):
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:25:35 GMT

> > > Not all.

> > > This verify job complained only about missing files in /usr.
> >
> > Ah, this is a good clue.  What is the fileset definition?  Maybe it includes
> > the /usr directory twice?
>

> The fileset looks ok to me.
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = Client
>   Ignore FileSet Changes = yes
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       aclsupport = yes
>       signature = MD5
>     }
>     File = /
>     File = /var
>     File = /boot
>   }
>   Exclude {
>     File = /media/*
>     File = /lost+found/*
>     File = /mnt/*
>     File = /dev/*
>     File = /sys/*
>     File = /proc/*
>     File = /tmp/*
>     File = /.journal
>     File = /.fsck
>   }
> }

Yes, that looks OK, except for the use of "*" in the Exclude clause.  The
"File =" lines cannot contain wildcards.

In your previous message, I see that Bacula reported:

  Files Expected:         50,755
  Files Examined:         50,755

Does the backup contain exactly 50,755 files or has it miscounted them?

Are you accidentally running two verify jobs at the same time?

__Martin