Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] concurrency on copyjobs

2009-11-12 12:16:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] concurrency on copyjobs
From: Massimo Cavallini <max AT maxmara DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:31:53 +0100
Hi,

our bacula 3.0.1 configuration consists of two sd and is similar to
this:

bacula-sd-1
disk-device-1 with pool-disk-1
changer-device-1 with pool-changer-1

bacula-sd-2
disk-device-2 with pool-disk-2
changer-device-2 with bacula-sd-1-2

We run daily backups on bacula-sd-1 and bacula-sd-2's pool-disks and
after also daily copy jobs on both bacula-sd from disk to changer.
All jobs and copyjobs have the same priority, only pools change.

What happens is that on pool-disks concurrency works fine but on pool-
changers with copyjobs tape writes are sequential.

Bacula always executes copyjobs on bacula-sd-1 and after executes
remaining copyjobs on bacula-sd-2: we need that copy jobs run
simultaneously on each autochanger to save time.

How can we get concurrency?
Thank you.
Kindest regards.