Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Sizes of database dump?

2009-11-11 15:30:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Sizes of database dump?
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:24:49 +0000 (GMT)
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Alan Brown wrote:

> Nor can I. 20 billion rows dumped when there should only be only 400
> million in there and 3 billion ever written in.
>
> Arrgh...

Arrgh indeed.

To summarise: The file table was corrupt (innodb) and mysqldump was
jumping back about 50 million entries every time it reached the highest
FileId.

To fix it, I set mysqldump to produce INSERT IGNORE statements and just
watched the output then aborted when it started looping, cleaned up the
last line and manually added a mysqldump closing stanza.

Mysql repeatedly segfaulted when trying to drop the table, so in the end I
simply deleted the whole (all mysql files), reinstalled the server, reran
the make_msyql_* files and then imported all the tables again.

It's all going now, but I'm not happy with what happened an am considering
options (including replication to a slave)

Does anyone have stats on Postgres performance vs MySQL Innodb? Dan?

AB