Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and MySQL in different servers

2009-11-11 08:57:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and MySQL in different servers
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Paschoal Mingoto <pmn AT mingoto DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:43:09 -0500
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Paschoal Mingoto <pmn AT mingoto DOT com>
wrote:
> How could I create the Bacula tables and database on another server?
> And how could I link the Bacula with the remite DB server?

The create catalog script takes a parameter for the host. At lest it
did the last time I checked.

You specify the server the catalog config in bacula-dir.conf

Here is what I have for postgres

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = HBCatalog
  dbname = bacula
  user = bacula
  password = "bacula"
  dbaddress = dev6
  dbport = 5432
}

The director machine is fileserver so the remote machine dev6 now
holds the catalog however I probably will move this soon since dev6 is
a 5 years old dual processor opteron box with only 4 GB of memory.

John