Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to tell Bacula to use new tape for Archiving

2009-11-05 11:09:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to tell Bacula to use new tape for Archiving
From: "May, John" <john.may AT fugrohorizons DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>, "drescherjm AT gmail DOT com" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:06:42 -0700
I'm very new to Bacula.  I guess my question is, once I have the pool figured
out, what steps do I follow to tell Bacula to use a new tape when I create a
new Archive job for some files that need to be archived?

I have blank tapes in the Scratch pool that are labeled according to their
barcodes.  If I create an Archive job and run it, won't it just append to
another tape that has space left for data?  I'm confused about how this works.
I'm not sure how to do this.