Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem

2009-11-05 06:07:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger problem
From: "Spiros V. Ioannou" <sivann AT avarchive DOT gr>
To: Oddbjørn Sjøgren <oddbjorn.sjogren AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:02:11 +0200 (EET)
Hi ,
This "unknown storage element" happens when you load a tape from the
IMPORT/EXPORT to the drive without first moving it to an inside slot.
That way the robot doesn't know where the tape came from (I/E slots cannot be
used by the robot, only for Import/export).
It seems some tapes overcome this by assigning to the tape, a slot number of a
random empty non-I/E slot, but only if there is an empty non-I/E slot at the
time of the tape load.
So don't overfill the robot :-)

-S