Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula v3 on older systems

2009-10-30 17:22:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula v3 on older systems
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:18:15 -0700
Gabriel - IP Guys wrote:

> I’ve just completed the installation and setup of a Bacula based
> backup system, and I'm happy with everything so far. I have two legacy
> machines, one running FC6, and one running FC3. I wish to build RPM’s
> for these systems, but is there anyway I can do this without having to
> upgrade any other aspects of those systems?

Sure. Build the RPMs on boxes running FC3 and FC6.

But really, if it's just these two boxes, I'm not sure if it's worth
your while to build RPMS. Why not just compile Bacula from source
directly on those clients? They'll need gcc, make, and some other build
tools, of course, all of which are included in Fedora.