Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "ClientRunBeforeJob" - spaces in pathnames on Windows. ARGH...Help (again/more)?

2009-10-29 22:22:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "ClientRunBeforeJob" - spaces in pathnames on Windows. ARGH...Help (again/more)?
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:23:22 +1100 (EST)
On Fri, October 30, 2009 01:43, Sean M Clark wrote:
>            ebollengier wrote:      Sean M Clark wrote:        [...]  The
> problem is, I could never manage to get "ClientRunBeforeJob" to
> correctly pass the full pathname with spaces in it, despite
> trying every combination of single-quotes, double-quotes,
> escaped spaces (i.e. "C:\\Program\ Files\\" or for that matter
> "C:/Program\ Files") that I could think of.  I was able to get

Client Run Before Job = "\"D:\\Documents and Settings\\me\\My
Documents\\ntbackup.exe\" backup systemstate /F D:\\systemstate.bkf"

Works for me.  I just tested it, to be sure

Works fine in 3.0.2, Solaris 10 x64, built with Sun Studio as a server,
Windows XP SP2 as the client.

Just re-read - don't mix / and \ as delimiters on Windows, it confuses the
puir wee beastie.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)