Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FD command not found:

2009-10-28 11:39:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FD command not found:
From: Pascal Clermont <pascal-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:35:10 -0400 (EDT)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean M Clark" <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT
lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:11:57 AM

>Pascal Clermont wrote:
>> I have added a new machine to be backed up with bacula and I cannot
>> get a full backup, always have these weird errors. the current setup
>> is all centos 5.3 86_64 and every other host besides this one have
>> been working flawlessly for over 6 months.
>>
>> DIR Version: Version: 3.0.1 (30 April 2009)
>>
>> Client-FD Version: Version: 3.0.1 (30 April 2009)
>>

>> the error output:
>>
>> JobId 2744: Fatal error: fd_cmds.c:181 FD command not found:
>> wMTAxMDEwMTAxMDEwMTAxMDEwMTAxMDEwMTAxMDEwMTAxZjUwMDczNWEw
[...]
>> Would there be a way to make any sense on why the client would try to
>> execute any FD commands?

>I would assume the "FD Commands" are commands from the director to the
FD on the client.

>I've been noticing similar errors on failed jobs lately in 3.0.x - I
>think the FD command errors may just be a side-effect of a job being
>interrupted for some reason rather than the cause of the problem (I
>would swear I've even seen these errors once or twice as a result of
>intentionally cancelling jobs.

>How far into the backup does it get before it dies?
27-Oct 20:05 catanzaro.lan.lexum.pri-dir JobId 2744: Start Backup
27-Oct 22:05 catanzaro.lan.lexum.pri-sd JobId 2744: Fatal error:

its always a 2 hour on the nose and as you stated about canceling the jobs...
I have just noticed these prior to the error :

27-Oct 22:05 catanzaro.lan.lexum.pri-dir JobId 2744: Fatal error: Network error
with FD during Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer
27-Oct 22:05 catanzaro.lan.lexum.pri-sd JobId 2744: Job
Vicenza_Daily.2009-10-27_20.05.01_16 marked to be canceled.

seems like something is cutting the connection after 2 hours... weird that the
issue is only with this host...