Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] version 3

2009-10-23 13:06:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] version 3
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:02:14 -0700
glynd wrote:
> Hi Cedric,
>
> IS this what you are looking for?
>
> root@mistral:~# ls -la /var/lib/bacula/bin/bacula.sql
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 bacula root 0 2009-10-22 08:20 /var/lib/bacula/bin/bacula.sql
> root@mistral:~#

The size of the dump file is zero bytes.  That's definitely not good!  I
can think of three reasons off the top of my head why this might happen:

1) You ran the ls command at JUST the right second -- after the dump job
started but before it had generated any data (possible, but unlikely)
2) The dump failed completely
3) The dump job is still running (or, more likely hung) and the dump
file is essentially locked by the running job

Try running the dump script manually.  Look for errors.  Check the size
of the dump file when it is finished.

BTW, it's probably not a bad idea to make sure you're not running low on
disk space on /var (or anywhere else).

- Cedric