Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] I can't restore my backups

2009-10-21 08:40:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] I can't restore my backups
From: Pedro Sepúlveda <cc0semop AT uco DOT es>
To: Bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:24:56 +0200
Hello everyone
I have a problem with my backups. When I try to restore a large file I
get the following error:

21-Oct 13:09 recx4540-sd JobId 8: Error: block.c:1010 Read error on fd=3
at file:blk 1:0 on device "Drive-0" (/dev/rmt/0u). ERR=I/O error.
21-Oct 13:09 recx4540-fd JobId 8: Error: attribs.c:423 File size of
restored file
/opt/bacula/tmp/bacula-restores/bckpool/oracle/meta4/meta4.dmp not
correct. Original 1683458048, restored 999096320.

If you run a tapeinfo the result is:

argc=1Usage: tapeinfo -f <generic-device>
bash-3.00# ./tapeinfo -f /dev/rmt/0
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'HP      '
Product ID: 'Ultrium 2-SCSI  '
Revision: 'F350'
Attached Changer API: No
SerialNumber: 'HUL3M04159'
MinBlock: 1
MaxBlock: 16777215
Ready: yes
BufferedMode: yes
Medium Type: Not Loaded
Density Code: 0x42
BlockSize: 0
DataCompEnabled: yes
DataCompCapable: yes
DataDeCompEnabled: yes
CompType: 0x1
DeCompType: 0x1
BOP: yes
Block Position: 0
Partition 0 Remaining Kbytes: 200448
Partition 0 Size in Kbytes: 200448
ActivePartition: 0
EarlyWarningSize: 0
NumPartitions: 0
MaxPartitions: 0

I understand that if Blocksize = 0 the block size is variable.
If I make a test of the tape I get the message: Got EOF on tape.
This indicates that the block is variable, but the result of tapeinfo
says otherwise.
This happens to me on two different machines so that should not be a
hardware problem. In one I have a StorageTek L20 and the other a
Storagetek L40.

Can anyone help me? I am very lost and not know where to keep trying.

Thank you very much

--

Pedro Sepúlveda
Servicio de Informática (Area de Gestión - Sistemas)

| email: psepulveda AT uco DOT es    ^ Pedro Sepúlveda        |
| http://www.uco.es/~cc0semop ^ Cordoba (SPAIN)        |