Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] sorting output bconsole

2009-10-16 18:53:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] sorting output bconsole
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Terry L. Inzauro" <tinzauro AT ha-solutions DOT net>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:50:51 -0400
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Terry L. Inzauro
<tinzauro AT ha-solutions DOT net> wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Terry L. Inzauro
>> <tinzauro AT ha-solutions DOT net> wrote:
>>> Does bconsole support sorting of output?   For instance, can bconsole sort
>>> the output of "list volumes pool=FullPool" by size
>>> or date?
>>>
>>> kind regards,
>>>

>> You can do that in a query.
>>
>> John
>

> When you say query, I'm assuming you are suggesting I run an SQL query.  I
> like the idea, however,  I am not versed in the
> ways of the SQL master.
>
> Is there a repository of SQL queries somewhere that may be of use for
> reporting purposes?
>
> I am trying to figure out a way to automate reporting for a client on a
> daily/weekly/monthly basis.

type query in bconsole.

There are several builtin queries you can use as examples. I believe
bacula-dir.conf specifies the location of where the query file is.

On my system I have

 QueryFile = "/usr/libexec/bacula/query.sql"

Add your query to that file at the end and bacula will load and
execute that with the query command of bconsole.

John