Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mixing versions of daemons

2009-10-15 14:42:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mixing versions of daemons
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Fabrizio Reale <fabrizio.reale AT redomino DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:14:59 +0200
2009/10/15 Fabrizio Reale <fabrizio.reale AT redomino DOT com>
Hi all,
Hi,

I must backup some servers with old distros which do not provide a recent
bacula version. For example one server has the 1.38.11-8.
My director and storage version is 2.4.2.
How many versions can I go back without problems?

I've tried to make a backup of "new" FD (2.4.x) on "old" DIR and SD (1.38.x) and it doesn't work, due to protocol differences between old and new version. So I had to upgrade both DIR and SD. I can assume that it won't work in opposite direcrion, too.

Thank you,
Fabrizio

You wellcome.

--