Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Compatibility

2009-10-15 13:24:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compatibility
From: Alex Chekholko <chekh AT pcbi.upenn DOT edu>
To: Piing - Damien CHEVALIER <dchevalier AT piing DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:20:14 -0400
Hi,

Familiarize yourself with the 'mt', 'tapeinfo', and 'mtx' commands.  They are
standard Linux commands for dealing with the tape drives.

Then try out the 'btape' regular and autochanger tests:
http://bacula.org/3.0.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#SECTION00290000000000000000

But yes, it will work.  In the worst case you may need to modify some timeouts
in the mtx-changer script that Bacula uses, depending on how long your library
takes to respond after moving tapes around.

The Bacula manuals are comprehensive, please read through them.

Regards,
Alex