Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File Retention & Versioning

2009-10-13 09:07:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] File Retention & Versioning
From: <crippa.andrea AT casacrippa DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:07:19 +0200
Hello to all the users of bacula.

At work i'm a user of the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager,and i think that this product is very similiar to bacula; so at home i've implemented bacula to backup my home server and client.

I've noticed a difference between bacula and tsm about file retention : when in the TSM I define a JOB, i can set the retention period in this way :
1) - The number of the version of any file I want to have
2) - The number of the day I keep a file in the Backup after it was deleted from the client.

Example : If i set 3 version and 90 days, i have this specififc scenario :
1) - I can restore the version that currently is last backed up from the client.
2) - I can restore the 2 old version of that file (either if it was modified 2 years ago)
3) - If I've deleted the file from the client, i miss the old version, but I have 90 days left to restore the last backed-up file from the client.

In bacula i wasn't able to find a similiar settings.
I can only specify the number of the day i want the file remain in the storage-pool.

So my question is : is there any function to do this ?
What I've to do for asking to implement this specific function ?

Thanks In Advance and excuse for my bad english.
--
Crippa Andrea-- This message has been checked by ESVA and is believed to be clean.