Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error with DR backups

2009-10-07 08:55:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error with DR backups
From: DAve <dave.list AT pixelhammer DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 08:49:34 -0400
DAve wrote:
>> Good afternoon.
>>
>> I am having a recurring issue with a backup that is configured for DR
>> purposes. The client purchased a fixed amount of space and wants to
>> overwrite the volumes each night. They have a local backup system in
>> place and we are using Bacula to get those backups offsite for the
>> evening only. I setup Bacula to use a number of volumes of fixed size,
>> and the volumes are written over each night.
>>
>> Everything worked fine for a period and then began producing an error.
>> There have been days when the error does not occur and I can see nothing
>> different.
>>
>> I am putting the client's config below and the larger backup output and
>> media list online at these URLs.
>>
>> Job Output
>> http://pixelhammer.com/Backup-allied-ex3-fd%20Full.txt
>>
>> bconsole media list
>> http://pixelhammer.com/allied-media.txt
>>
>> The error I am seeing,
>> 05-Oct 08:38 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-10-05_01.00.02 Warning: Error
>> updating job record. sql_update.c:194 Update problem: affected_rows=0
>> 05-Oct 08:38 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-10-05_01.00.02 Warning: Error
>> getting job record for stats: sql_get.c:293 No Job found for JobId 20126
>> 05-Oct 08:38 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-10-05_01.00.02 Error: Bacula
>> 2.0.3 (06Mar07): 05-Oct-2009 08:38:53
>>
>> The client config,
>> Job {
>>    Name = "Allied-ex3"
>>    FileSet = "Allied-ex3"
>>    Write Bootstrap = "/data/backups/Allied-ex3.bsr"
>>    Type = Backup
>>    Level = Full
>>    Client = allied-ex3-fd
>>    Schedule = "Allied-ex3"
>>    Storage = storage2-allied-ex3
>>    Messages = Allied
>>    Pool = ex3-allied-Pool
>>    Priority = 10
>>    #Enabled = No
>>    }
>>
>> FileSet {
>>    Name = "Allied-ex3"
>>    Enable VSS = no
>>    Include {
>>        Options {
>>              #compression = gzip
>>              IgnoreCase = yes
>>                 }
>>        File = "D:/archivesink/"
>>        }
>>
>>    Exclude {
>>            }
>> }
>>
>> Schedule {
>>    Name = "Allied-ex3"
>>    Run = Level=Full FullPool=ex3-allied-Pool mon-sun at 01:00
>>    }
>>
>> Client {
>>    Name = allied-ex3-fd
>>    Address = xxx.xxx.105.12
>>    FDPort = 49202
>>    Catalog = DataVault
>>    Password = "xx"
>>    File Retention = 1 week
>>    Job Retention = 1 week
>>    AutoPrune = yes
>>    }

> [...]

Changed the pool resource to not autoprune and the error was the same
last night.

Pool {
   Name = ex3-allied-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   LabelFormat = "ex3-allied-"
   Recycle = yes
   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
   AutoPrune = no
   Volume Retention = 12 hours
   Maximum Volumes = 60
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 0
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 1G
   }

The larger client mentioned above, again, no problems. If I have "Job
Retention = 1 week" then why is my current job not found in the catalog?

 From the manual,

"Job Retention = <time-period-specification> The Job Retention directive
defines the length of time that Bacula will keep Job records in
the Catalog database after the Job End time. When this time period
expires, and if AutoPrune is set to yes Bacula will prune (remove)
Job records that are older than the specified File Retention period.
As with the other retention periods, this affects only records in the
catalog and not data in your archive backup."

And the error clearly states "No Job found for JobId 20126", when the
job is still running.

the only mention I ever seem to find of this error is a recent post by
Joshua J. Kugler, with no solution other than his issue went away and he
will keep an eye on it until it returns.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org