Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Note: bacula 3.x fd is not compatible with 2.0.2 director

2009-10-05 12:22:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Note: bacula 3.x fd is not compatible with 2.0.2 director
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "Bacula Users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:18:21 +0300

I have bacula 2.0.2 in my bacula server, because it has a working DVD code.
That version is not officially supported any more I guess.

I had clients of version 2.4.4 in Windows and Debian, and now Debian backports
delivered 3.0.2 fd to one of my Debian clients.

The fd no more accepted Hello from the Director.

So I removed the bacula-fd from the Debian client, and copied bacula-fd from
the server into it. I kept the Debian bacula-common package, which seems to be
2.4.4 (I had to install it with apotitude, as aptitude removed it with the fd
removal).

Now it works again. I have no idea what Debian bacula-common package contains,
so I could not copy if from the server. I have no idea if the client will break
when Debian possibly upgrades it in future.

Have to build 2.0.2 client from source then, I guess.

Sad thing that Bacula no more supports DVD any more, but thankfully there is
the old versions that do.