Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate job control

2009-10-05 06:48:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate job control
From: Nicolae Mihalache <mache AT abcpages DOT com>
To: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:45:11 +0200
Well, the manual reads like this:

Allow Higher Duplicates = <yes|no>

If this directive is set to yes (default) the job with a higher priority (lower priority number) will be permitted to run. If the priorities of the two jobs are the same, the outcome is determined by other directives (see below).

At the minimum, it should read "If the priorities of the two jobs are the same and this directive is set to no, the outcome is determined..."

In my opinion the other two directives should apply for jobs with the same priority even when AllowHigherDuplicates is set to yes (and then the manual would be correct).

nicolae