Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] ClientRunBeforeJob

2009-09-30 18:50:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] ClientRunBeforeJob
From: Clark Hartness <CHartness AT camgian DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:34:01 -0400
I am calling a ruby script that decends a workspace and writes a list of files
that need to be protected on the client to /var/lib/bacula/backup.files

The Script functions as it should.

With my setup included below I call the script on the client before the job to
write the file.

If /var/lib/bacula/backup.files does not exist Bacula complains so I have been
touching the file with a ClientRunAfterJob saving the previous run's file list.

When the Bacula job runs it saves whatever files are listed in
/var/lib/bacula/backup.files prior to the script being executed rather than the
list that the script generates.

I also notice that the Excluded files from the files set seem to be ignored as
well which I feel may be by the design of using the file-list.

This is Bacula 3.0.2 on CentOS 5.2

Thanks
Clark

Job {
  Name = "Job_Test_CYSWAPS"
  JobDefs = "CYSWAPS_Job_Defs"
  Level = Full
  Client = ws28-fd
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/Test_Job_WS27.bsr"
}

# JobDefs for CYSWAPS Jobs
JobDefs {
  Name = "CYSWAPS_Job_Defs"
  Type = Backup
  FileSet = "Test_FS_ws28"
  Storage = FS_test_ws28
  Pool = Pool_ws28_test
  Messages = Standard
  Priority = 10
# This creates a Text File with a list of specific file names for the
# FileSet to use.
  ClientRunBeforeJob =
"/proj/icmwa/chartnessWA/destools/share/ruby/cadhw/bacula/cyswaps.sh"
# This resets the file list to be a single file, itself, for the next job.
  ClientRunAfterJob =
"/proj/icmwa/chartnessWA/destools/share/ruby/cadhw/bacula/clearbackuplist.sh"
}

# List of files to be backed up - 19 lines
FileSet {
  Name = "Test_FS_ws28"
  Include {
    Options {
        compression=GZIP
        signature = MD5
    }
    File = "\\</var/lib/bacula/backup.files"
  }
#
  Exclude {
    # Exclude SnapShot Directories and .icmconfig files
    File = .snapshot
    File = .icmconfig
  }
}