Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Repeated job failures

2009-09-16 06:44:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Repeated job failures
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Richard Mortimer <richm AT oldelvet.org DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:41:00 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Richard Mortimer wrote:

> The immediate failure is because the number of affected rows is zero. I'm not
> sure what the underlying cause could be (apart from the fact that JobId 104670
> is not in the Job table - pruning or a bug?)

More likely bug than pruning. It's being run by the scheduler and then
failing almost immediately.

> But I vaguely remember a discussion about zero lines changed on bacula-devel.
> Looking at the code the test that reports the failure has changed between
> 2.4.4 and now (it tests affected_rows < 1 in the latest code).

This happens about 1 in 10 runs, so it's not consistent.

It also happens more often than not on various incremental/diff backups of
the bacula server and there is _always_ at least one changed file each run
(logfiles)

AB