Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatically mount nfs location

2009-09-09 10:07:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatically mount nfs location
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:03:47 +0000
>You need to better describe your problem. Post error messages and
>describe what media you are using. I am confused with you talking
>about both NFS and dvd.

John,
Sorry for the confusion, I am trying to setup a device in bacula-sd.conf
that behaves like a DVD but for NFS. I just hoped it would mount the share
when it needs it, I ended up installing autofs on this CentOS box and setting
up a simple file based storage with a path of "/net/<ip address>/path" and
called it a day. The error I got was that it couldn't stat the Archive Device.
I assumed the Device Resource functioned this way, maybe not?

Device {
  Name = "NFS_Storage"
  Media Type = NFS
  Archive Device = host:/mypool/Bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  RequiresMount = yes;
  MountPoint = /mnt/host;
  MountCommand = "/bin/mount -t nfs -o rw %a %m";
  UnmountCommand = "/bin/umount %m";
}

If this could work, I would rather have it function this way then rely on
autofs.

Thanks!
jlc