Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Particular schedule

2009-09-06 19:19:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Particular schedule
From: Cedric Tefft <logicloop AT gmail DOT com>
To: Fabrizio Reale <fabrizio.reale AT redomino DOT com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 16:14:59 -0700
Fabrizio Reale wrote:
> Hi all,
> what is the best configuration to keep only the backup of:
>  * the last 7 days
>  * the last 4 sundays
>  * the last 6 31st days of the month
>  * the last 31st of December
> ?
>
> Thank you for your help and your software.
>
> Fabrizio

You probably want separate pools for each retention period, so...

 * the last 7 days: Define a "DailyPool" pool with option "VolumeRetention = 7
days"
 * the last 4 sundays: Define a "WeeklyPool" pool with "VolumeRetention = 4
weeks"
etc.

The schedule you described above is a little strange given that five of the
twelve months of the year do not even have a 31st day.  Anyway, here's a
schedule that is similar to what I THINK you are trying to achieve without
being overly complex.  Obviously, this is just a starting point.

Schedule {
  Name = "MyCycle"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=YearlyPool Jan 1st sun at 6:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=MonthlyPool feb-dec 1st sun at 6:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=WeeklyPool 2nd-5th sun at 6:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=DailyPool mon-sat at 6:00
}

- Cedric