Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] level: Since?

2009-08-25 07:51:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] level: Since?
From: "Mapper ict department" <ict AT mapperlithography DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:47:23 +0200
Does anyone have an answer on this yet? The reason i ask is because exactly
at the end of the -one before last- full backup the server running the director
and storage deamon crashed due to a kernel panic.

At that moment the runbeforejob (dumping the bacula database / bacula catalog
from mysql) f rom our job that writes the catalog to tape was busy.
It might sound weird (or not) since there was only being read (i guess that's the
only thing happening with a dump) from the database; tables were found corrupt.

Now the full backup was level F(ull) and ended with status T(erminated normally).
We were also able to cd through the directories and files, mark files and restore
them.

The next incremental job wanted to run a full because there was no proper full
backup job found. Because of time constraints we were not able to run a full
backup again.

If the level: "since" is what i think it is we could have run "manual incremental
jobs" and set the date so that  files are backuped from that one day only,
every night until the next full backup comes around again.

Only there is not asked for a date and when the job runs with LEVEL SINCE it
fails. Error mentions something like: this level is not supported.
It would  be nice though if it were possible. Does somebody has this working
already?

With kind regards,

Tony

>>> "Mapper ict department" <ict AT mapperlithography DOT com> 20-8-2009 19:12 >>>
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the Since level is for?

I get there by:

- typing run
- choosing a job
- typing mod