Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client backups crash director until full backup is run -- UPDATE

2009-08-21 06:11:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client backups crash director until full backup is run -- UPDATE
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Corey Shaw <cshaw AT q90 DOT com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:07:04 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Corey Shaw wrote:

> I ran the memtest on our bacula server last night. After 14 hours and 8
> passes it didn't find any problems. I'm at the end of my rope here. I'm
> trying a new virtual server to see if that fixes the issue.

I've found I can reliably trigger faults on a few mainboards by asking
memtest to use "bios all" or "probe memory" options instead of just using
the default settings.

Intel i865 boards are particularly prone to this kind of issue and it
manifests in a running system as lockups under extremely heavy IO load.

AB