Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape fails to see loaded tape

2009-08-14 06:47:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape fails to see loaded tape
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:40:32 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Dan Langille wrote:

> I think we have a problem:

I flagged this a couple of years ago with Overland changers.

> [dlangille@backup01 bacula]$ sudo /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg4 load 3
> [dlangille@backup01 bacula]$ sudo /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg4 status
>   Storage Changer /dev/sg4:1 Drives, 38 Slots ( 36 Import/Export )
> Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Unknown Storage Element Loaded):VolumeTag =
> AAM240L4
>       Storage Element 1:Empty
>       Storage Element 2:Empty
>       Storage Element 3 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty
>       Storage Element 4 IMPORT/EXPORT:Full :VolumeTag=AAM241L4
>
> Should that 'Unknown Storage Element Loaded' be a 3 to indicate the slot
> it came from?

This happens consistently with tapes loaded out of i/o slots and the only
solution I've found is not to put tapes in them.

(FWIW Bacula won't load tapes from these slots either, bacula-changer
doesn't parse the "IMPORT/EXPORT" from mtx and drops the line)

AB