Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape fails to see loaded tape

2009-08-13 14:31:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape fails to see loaded tape
From: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:27:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, August 13, 2009 1:19 pm, Dan Langille wrote:
> I am setting up a new autochanger / tape drive.  I'm trying to run btape.
> The basic test works, but I see this message when I start btape:
>
>  Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
>
> mtx-changer [and mtx] both disagree with this:
>
> $ sudo /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg4 loaded 0 /dev/nst0 0
> AAM240L4

That is a problem.  You don't want the label.  You want the slt it came
from.  See
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Autochanger_Resource.html#SECTION0017130000000000000000

    loaded -- returns number of the slot that is loaded, base 1,
              in the drive or 0 if the drive is empty.

Current problem: I can't see how to get this information from the device.
I'll keep working on it:

$ sudo /usr/sbin/mtx -f /dev/sg4 inquiry
Password:
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
Product ID: 'PX500           '