Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Run a script after a manual Restoration

2009-08-12 06:05:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Run a script after a manual Restoration
From: "M. Sébastien LELIEVRE" <sebastien.lelievre AT aznetwork DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:31:40 +0200
Greetings,

We are now running Bacula-3.0.2 compiled from sources on an Ubuntu 8.04
LTS server distribution.

Our aim is to restore very specific files of a backup on another client
every week.

In order to do this, we use a shell script that specifies every options,
files and directories we need to mark and pipe them in the bconsole.

Our main problem here is that we cannot run an "After Job" script.

We have understood from the Bacula Documentation that we cannot schedule
a Bacula Restoration without restoring all the data from the Backup
specified. That is why we turn ourselves to the scripting solution.

Can we specify a "Client Run After Job" option from the bconsole during
a "manual" restoration?

Can we schedule a restoration job in Bacula that will only restore
specified files?

Here is the script we are currently using : http://pastebin.com/m3c126467

Best Regards from France,
--
M. Sébastien LELIÈVRE

Ingénieur Système & Base de Données

AZ Network
40, rue Ampère
61000 ALENÇON (ORNE)
FRANCE

Tel. : + 33 (0) 233 320 616
Port. : + 33 (0) 673 457 243

Poste : 120
e-mail : sebastien.lelievre AT aznetwork DOT fr