Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Spooling while Despooling?

2009-08-11 05:02:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Spooling while Despooling?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:57:58 +0200
Hi,

11.08.2009 10:35, Fabio Xarax wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> On the same backup, on the same client, Is there the possibility to
> spooling data while SD is despooling?

No.

> I noticed that while a job is despooling no data are spooled from the
> client

Actually, that would be the same job - another job on that same client
could transfer data (provided you've got job concurrency set up).

> until despooling end. Is that right?

Yes.

> is there the possibility to let job despooling & spool data? In the
> manual I found nothing on it....

There's no such possibility now, but you could send a feature
request... I believe this was discussed previously, but don't recall
the outcome. It's definitely challenging, both to implement and to the
underlying hardware.

Cheers,

Arno

> Thx