Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Empty log files and no messages on console

2009-08-04 10:06:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Empty log files and no messages on console
From: Arthur Lutz <arthur.lutz AT logilab DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:01:58 +0200
Hi,

I am having a really anonying bug with bacula. The log files are empty,
the email notifications only have the subjet filled in, and running
jobs on the console don't display anything.

I don't believe having changed anything to the configuration when
the logs disappeared (1st of august).

At first I thought it was logrotate that rotated the log and left bacula
writing to another file. I don't think that is the case anymore since
I've restarted bacula, changed the log file, even stupidly rebooted
the machine. The modification time on the log file changes but no
content in it.

The backups still work (I get a bunch of OKs).

I've fiddled with setdebug and autodisplay with no success. Thanks
for any tips investigating this annoying bug (bacula 2.4 on a bunch
of debian machines).

Otherwise thanks for a great product.

Arthur

--
Arthur LUTZ                                    LOGILAB, Paris (France)
Développement logiciel avancé - Intelligence Artificielle - Formations