Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] The tipically error: Cannot find any appendable volumes.

2009-06-20 14:38:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] The tipically error: Cannot find any appendable volumes.
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:34:03 +0200
Reynier Pérez Mira wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>>> I think John or us, need also the
>>> @/etc/bacula/clients/salvasprod_f06_polo_bioinformatica-fd.conf
>>> if this is the fd which has trouble and in which the incriminated
>>> pool was defined
>>>

> Sorry for both of you. Here is the file needed:

> #-----------------------------------------------------------------
> #Job Definition
> Job {
>   Name = "SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA-FD"
>   JobDefs = "DefinicionPorDefectoParaCopias"
>   Level = Incremental
>   Client = salvasprod_f06_polo_bioinformatica-fd
>   FileSet = "SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA-FS"
>   Schedule = "ScheduleFull"
>   Write Bootstrap = "/data/BoostrapFiles/SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA-FD.bsr"
>   Priority = 5
>   Pool = SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA_Pool
> }
>
> #Client Definition
> Client {
>   Name = salvasprod_f06_polo_bioinformatica-fd
>   Address = 10.7.19.203
>   FDPort = 9102
>   Catalog = MyCatalog
>   Password = "jdl5.!jhdg45dfg1"
>   File Retention = 1 years
>   Job Retention = 1 years
> }
>
> #Pool Definition
> Pool {
>   Name = SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA_Pool
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 1 year
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>   Label Format =  SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA_Pool-
>   Maximum Volumes = 2
> }
>
> #FileSet Definition
> FileSet {
>   Name = "SP_F06_POLO_BIOINFORMATICA-FS"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = SHA1
>       compression = GZIP
>     }
>     File = "/etc"
>     File = "/data/svn"
>   }
> }
>
> Regards and thanks for all your reply

Ok for the pool you have a maximum of two volumes and a recycle delay at 1 year.
Even if you are making incremental backup, you have the limit of Maximum Volume
Jobs = 1
Which allow you to save only two jobs on this pool.

Did you really save this fd only once a year ? That's sound strange to me ...

For the svn you save, I would dump the svn structure, and save the dump with
svnadmin dump command

--

     Bruno Friedmann