Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Fileset from one Computer to Different Computer

2009-06-15 22:21:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring Fileset from one Computer to Different Computer
From: Industry Standard Computers <sales11 AT iscnetwork DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:46:01 -0400
I created the backup on the server from computer "xpcomp" :-)
Went to computer "server2" and attempted to restore.  NOTTA!  :-(
Renamed "server2" and made sure all the passwords, user, and directory
structures were the same as "xpcomp" and tried a second time to restore
"xpcomp-fd" NOTTA :-(
When I shutdown the fake "xpcomp" and turned on the real "xpcomp" both
backups restored. =-O

If I was into drinking I would be drunk right now. :-)

open WX-CONSOLE
Click Restore tab
Click "Enter restore mode"
Do the drop down to "XPcomp-fd"
Other boxes self adjust
Click OK
2 pane window opens up for picking what to restore
I browse down the tree and just pick Favorites so nothing gets erased
from this other computer.

click restore button.

(here is where the OLD WX-console has lots of issues. IF I change
anything not already filled in the boxes -- I am done for.)

================ console tab read out ==============================
4 files selected to be restored.

Run Restore job
JobName:    Restore
Bootstrap:  /var/bacula/Server-dir.restore.2.bsr
Where:      *None*
Replace:    always
FileSet:    Catalog
Client:     xpcomp-fd
Storage:    File
When:       2009-06-15 21:08:12
Catalog:    MyCatalog
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=42
#Failed to retrieve jobid.15-Jun 21:08 Server-dir: Start Restore Job
Restore.2009-06-15_21.08.16
Failed to retrieve jobid always comes up even on good backups.

Nothing happens... the 4 files never show up.