Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] The number of files mismatch! Marking volume in Error in Catalog

2009-06-02 16:07:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] The number of files mismatch! Marking volume in Error in Catalog
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:01:20 -0400
Greetings,

I've been seeing an issue whereby a volume gets marked in error
periodically.  The last items logged about that volume are typically like this:

02-Jun 11:53 gyrus-sd JobId 83311: Volume "LTO224L2" previously written,
moving to end of data.
02-Jun 11:53 gyrus-sd JobId 83311: Error: Bacula cannot write on tape
Volume "LTO224L2" because:
The number of files mismatch! Volume=46 Catalog=45
02-Jun 11:53 gyrus-sd JobId 83311: Marking Volume "LTO224L2" in Error in
Catalog.

I don't think I have any SCSI errors, but instead the problem seems to be
related to bacula not properly keeping track of the volume files in some
rare case.

This time the problem happened not too long after the volume got recycled
and so I noted one thing about how the tape was used... a backup started on
another volume and then spanned onto it.  Could that be a source of these
problems?

Here's the pertinent part of the bacula log file--debugging not turned on
right now but I'm hoping enough got logged to help.  If not I'll have to
turn debugging back on but what level would be good for determining the
source of that error?

http://casemed.case.edu/admin_computing/bacula/bacula-2009-06-01.log.txt

    Bob