Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 3.0 upgrade success

2009-04-23 05:15:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 3.0 upgrade success
From: Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:10:35 +0200
Hi,

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 09:54 +0200, Simon Ekstrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I'd just put in a note that we have just done a successful
> upgrade to bacula 3.0 for a bacula system running 7 storage daemons
> with a total of ~70 TB data (all disk based, no tapes). Everything is
> running smoothly so far.
> The catalog in use is a mysql db totaling approximatly 110 GB. We did

Our catalog is about 18G,  nice to hear that it works > 100GB.
Are u running catalog backups?  how long runs mysqldump bacula?
Would be nice if you can share your hardware config
(machines, cpu, mem, disk)

> however skip the FileId -> BIGINT db update as we had to do that
> manually quite a while ago due to hitting the old limit in the
> catalog.
>
> Also, the upgrade seems to have fixed a problem we have been seeing
> recently where certain windows clients were dropping the connection to
> the sd's during backup after a random amount of time.
> We were seeing repeated errors like:
> Error: ../../lib/bnet.c:439 Write error sending 12580 bytes to Storage
> daemon:x.x.x.x:9103: ERR=Input/output error
> Fatal error: append.c:259 Network error on data channel.
> ERR=Connection reset by peer
> Error: bsock.c:444 Read error from client:x.x.x.x:36643:
> ERR=Connection reset by peer

never had such problems, using bacula about 1 year
today we run bacula 3.0.0 on server and 38 clients
(winxp, centos5/rhel5, sles9, suse8.2, debian, macosx)

--
Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
OBVSG