Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bootstrap/.bsr files and file storage

2009-04-21 18:55:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] bootstrap/.bsr files and file storage
From: Dublee <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:28:19 -0400
I'm looking into this as well for my disk-only v3.0.0 Bacula system.
Currently, I have the bootstrap .bsr file stored locally by default on the
dir/sd in /var/lib/bacula/bin/working.

In the Install and Configuration Guide for v3.0.0, on page 37, section 3.1
Critical Items, one of the bullet points states "Write a bootstrap file to a
separate system for each backup job."  Presumably, this separate system could
mean the same hard drive where the volume exists.

In my bacula-sd configuration file, I specify device:
Device {
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /mnt/bacula/volumes
}

As suggested by Install and Configuration Guide to store the bootstrap file on
a separate system, I could specify a Job to Write Bootstrap as such:
Job {
  Name = client
  Write Bootstrap = "/mnt/bacula/volumes/bootstraps/client.bsr"
}

Same question as morty:  Would storing the bootstrap on the same hard drive as
the volume be the best method for storing the bootstrap on a separate system?