Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir needs growing amount of memory when stuck

2009-04-19 16:23:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir needs growing amount of memory when stuck
From: Andreas Thienemann <andreas AT bawue DOT net>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:19:49 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009, John Drescher wrote:

> Well 2 drives are blocked because you have no appendable or usable
> media. Any idea on how long it has been waiting for you to add tapes?
> Perhaps the memory problem is that the messages are growing. Have you
> typed messages in bconsole recently?

Just to clarify. Yes, I know it's blocked. No, I'm not going to unblock it
before certain scsi erros are fixed, it's useless writing to tapes when
after 5G a scsi error happens and the tape is marked as full.

Yes, the bacula console has quite a lot of messages which are read.

But seriously, you're not going to tell me that the bacula-dir process is
going to need 2.6 GB of memory because of a few messages?

 1264 root      15   0 2640m 798m 1384 S  0.0 78.0   3:33.49 bacula-dir

regards,
 andreas