Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] lstat - how much of it do we actually NEED?(Comments please)

2009-04-16 19:47:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] lstat - how much of it do we actually NEED?(Comments please)
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Kjetil Torgrim Homme" <kjetilho AT linpro DOT no>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:43:19 +1000
> John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> writes:
>
> >> (I'm dreading the switch to 3.0...  I seriously doubt I'll be able
> >> to do it in 24 hours, and I don't like the thought of a day without
> >> backups.  but we'll see.)
> >
> > BTW, you do not have to upgrade clients so only the director and sds
> > are needed to be upgraded.
>
> oh, sure -- I'm only worried about the database schema update.  I
> currently have 350M rows in File (90 days retention -- I'd like to
> increase that, but ...).

Never tried this before, but you could create a new, empty catalog and start
using that after the upgrade. You can then upgrade the old catalog and then
swap back to the old one once the upgrade is finished, or just keep using the
new one and keep the old one for restoring from in the event that it is
required.

James