Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] windows shutdown (in kernstodo)

2009-04-15 07:08:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] windows shutdown (in kernstodo)
From: morty AT frakir DOT org
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:03:45 -0400
While reading through the kernstodo in the 3.0.0, I noticed this:

  > My wife's suggestion: Add a setting to the win32 client to allow
  > it to shut down the machine after backup is complete (after, of
  > course, displaying a "System will shut down in one minute, click
  > here to cancel" warning dialog).  This would be useful for sites
  > that want user woorkstations to be shut down overnight to save
  > power.

Note that you can achieve this effect on Windows using:

  client run after job = "shutdown -s -f -t 60"

If the version of Windows you are running doesn't come with a native
shutdown command, you can get psshutdown from sysinternals or use the
shutdown from cygwin.

- Morty