Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Howto recover from a job being rerun around a summer time change

2009-04-06 17:43:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Howto recover from a job being rerun around a summer time change
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 17:38:38 -0400
The time jumps at 2am, either forward or backward depending on
whether you're switching to or from DST.  Most admins I know
just completely avoid the time period from 1:00am to 3:00am.
entirely because of the Daylight Saving Time switches.

If you're going to go UTC, then you should go UTC all the way
and not worry about what local time.  That's what most DNS and
DHCP servers do.  They happily splurk out logs, not worrying
about local time.  When there's a problem, then it's up to
the lucky human to compute the local time.

-John

--
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
 but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not